Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Book

     Hello people! I am super excited to write today because I have a fantastic book to recommend! It's more of a series I guess, but the first book wowed me and I'm in the middle of the second so I'm technically only recommending the first. Although, I also secretly recommend the whole series and I will tell you why.
     Let me start off by saying the reason I fell in love with these books is that they're written from photographs. Have you ever seen a picture and tried to figure out the story behind it? That is what this author did,  however he did it after spending forever collecting vintage photographs and turned it into some books.  The first book is called Mrs.Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. It was written by a man with the name of Ransom Riggs. This guy spent awhile collecting photographs from garage sales, and ended up writing stories that fit the photographs. Who would've thought garage sales could make you famous? I absolutely adore the fact that this book wasn't written after being considered. The author just kind of went with it and it turned out to be one of the best books I've ever read. I can rarely find a book I'm into by the end of the first chapter which is why I don't read much unless I've seen the movies first. That being said, this book has no movies and I was hooked not by the end of the first chapter, but by the end of the first few pages. The way the story combines past and present is astounding,  and the explanations offered about things we've heard of all too often shock me. The book steals present day events and people and places them into another story.  It's the ultimate combination of things already known and things yet to be discovered.  The book is a mystery and tells about a boy named Jacob who discovers the stories his grandfather used to tell him may not have been completely false.  I would definitely recommend this book if you love twists, turns, mysteries, science fiction, history, or really anything else because this book could hook anyone. I think you should give it a try because I haven't been this passionate about a book in awhile. It is also an easy read if you're worried about that. There's a lot to learn but you can do it.  The second book recently was released I believe. It's called Hollow City and it continues where the first book left off. The second book contains a preview of the third meaning there is more to come and you can also expect some movies. Long story short, the books are amazing and if you're looking for a series that comes with a movie, this is it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment