Monday, April 6, 2015

Walmart Shopping

     Okay readers I'm back this week to talk about Walmart and what I like and dislike about it. I'll be referencing the Maple Grove store. Walmart is an interesting place to be for many reasons and although it has a terrible reputation I don't think it's the worst place to be on the planet. Yesterday my sister and I happened to make a trip to Walmart since it was Easter and Target was closed. This sounds bad already, but yes it's true. Target is my first choice. Anyways. we decided to head off to Walmart.
     There are some good things about Walmart that I think a lot of people don't even realize. The first thing I feel is that Walmart has a lot of things Target doesn't carry and Walmart has them for cheap. I've realized you can get good products from Walmart at decent prices. I definitely prefer to shop at Walmart when I'm on a budget. Yesterday I found an electric oil warmer to replace my old one and it was only six dollars. It works very well and even has a sleek design. Another good thing about Walmart is that everything is on clearance. I don't know if you all have ventured to the front right corner of Walmart past all of the makeup, but they have this HUGE wall and three or four isles of all clearance. Clearance makeup, toys, gardening stuff, nail care items, shampoo and other hair care essentials, and even bedding. They seriously threw everything you need into one corner and put it on clearance. The funny thing is that they put some stuff on clearance that isn't even on clearance in the other parts of the store. I just love that part of Walmart. It feels like I'm stealing makeup.
     Now, I guess I have to talk about the cons of going to Walmart. If you're trying to find something, add an extra 20 minutes onto the 10 you originally planned for. I've noticed Walmart is messy and sometimes there are barriers and things shouldn't be next to what they are. For example, if you want a pet fish you can find it next to the craft supplies. I would say most people also get sucked into Walmart because there's just so much going on. There are so many things to look at and so much clearance it's just hard to be in there for five minutes. The other con to going to Walmart is the staff. I do NOT want to make generalizations. That being said, in the Maple Grove store specifically the staff will rarely be able to help you. I waited 20 minutes once for a staff member to get me a pet fish and they gave me completely false information after I got the fish. They can never answer my questions either. I've learned to not expect much from the staff. If I go to Walmart I find what I need alone, I do my research at home about the product, and I tend to use self checkout. I have had some very good staff members help me checkout, however I've had very negative experiences with Walmart staff in the past. Another time was when I wanted a volleyball and I had to wait for the staff member to figure out if they have ever even had volleyballs in stock at Walmart. Some of the staff just lack general knowledge about the store which is completely fine for me because I go into Walmart knowing that this is the case. Actually thinking about it now, the Walmart in Denver actually had very helpful and capable staff members. If I lived in Denver I'd probably go to Walmart more often than Target.
     Alright that's all I have for this week. I was just thinking about it because I went yesterday and figured I'd write about it. I hope it made sense because my thoughts about Walmart are very scattered. Anyways, I hope you continue to read my posts! I hit 1,500 views today which is awesome! You guys are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment